When we are called out to somebody’s home or business to service a boiler, we will perform several checks and tasks on the boiler:
- Have a close inspection of your boiler and the controls to make sure they are working properly and more importantly safely.
- Perform a flue combustion test to check for dangerous emissions.
- A close visual inspection of your boiler. We will be on the lookout for any signs of leaks or corrosion.
- Check the gas pressure as well as the rate of gas consumption to make sure it is operating correctly. If either one of these two tests fail, we will make adjustments to correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical connections.
- Check the burner and remove it if necessary to give it a thorough clean.
- Heat exchanger and flue will be cleaned.
- Check the ventilation and make sure its free from any obstructions.
Once the boiler service is complete all of the boiler servicing details will be recorded into the logbook that came with the boiler. The logbook will contain everything you need to know regarding the servicing of your boiler. It will explain all of the necessary safety checks which have been completed. It will also highlight any work that needs to be carried out to meet safety standards. The logbook will also contain details of the boilers next recommended service date. If there are any other recommendations for repairs to your boiler, we will bring them to your attention, so you are aware of them the future.
Only a registered gas engineer should ever service your boiler. It is illegal for anyone to attempt to service your boiler or carry out repairs unless they are a gas safe engineer. Never attempt to do your own boiler repairs or maintenance to a boiler unless you are gas safe registered.
Call us today to arrange a boiler service in Wirral.
Below is a list of brand names of boilers that we service regularly. The list is not comprehensive by all means, these brand names are the most popular.
Worcester Bosh Group